Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Youth in Action 1.3 Democracy project

So my third project finished. Youth in Action programm sub-action 1.3 Democracy project.

I have to say that I liked to write to the Enrepreneurship Call more than to this as questions for YiA are to wide for me and they have mostly limits for 2000 characters. So you cannot actually write a very detailed programm or justification. What is more, questions are a bit "vague" for me as not accompanied with more specific questions. For example : European Added Value.
Also, now I am getting a better sense of my working styles and learning about my strenghts and weaknesses as a projectwriter.
My observations so far :

  • I need timeline - certain milestones/activities or results we want to achieve to build a concept around it. Gerlinde seems to be different. She likes to have a borad concept and then go into detail. Well , of course , that is necessary- you have a need and then in detail you go to the activities but I guess what I try to say is I have to know what will be the working method and tool (mentoring cycle, meeting) and results ( more women aware of EP elections etc). 
  • At the start of the projectwriting process I tend to have hard time to focus but I am very focused and efficient near the deadline. 
  • I like concept writing much better than budget writing

I can really feel that I am learning in this area and it will be a very important skill for me in the future.

In the end I think that we have a very good idea and activities and fingers grossed !

Short summary about the project:

2014- EP for Young Women is a democracy project with main focus on raising awareness and sharing information about European Parliament elections in 2014 and gender issues among young women. Lead applicant organisation is European Federation of Mentoring for Girls and Women (WoMentor). NGO Öökull (Estonia) will host an International meeting where there will be sent participants from Romania, Austria, Greece and Latvia (Partners and project activities national implementers).  Duration of the project is 18 months. Project will involve actively over 500 young people. Project activities create an open environment for discussion and dialogue between young women and policy makers. As a project result, young women participating in this project will present a list of claims to national parties and politicians about their needs and wishes for European Parliament candidates- so that the list could be considered in developing the election platforms for European Parliament 2014. Results will be also introduced at a meeting with European Youth Forum. Activities encourage young people to recognize their role as European citizens and participate in policy making discussions and go voting to express their opinion.  Variety of methods for participation is offered- workshops, focus groups, discussions in Social media, video interviews, leading activities, filling in questionnaires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment