Thursday, June 14, 2012

Evaluating Evaluation

So this is an oblicatory part of EVS. Doing Evaluation.
In WoMentor  this is even more stressed as organisations main aim is gender equality through mentoring and people here are really skilled in mentoring and evaluating than I have very intensified evaluation every month.

First Evaluation day

I fill in online Aims and Goals document ( in dropbox) and commenting to each goal or aim about my progress , changes and thoughts - I can also add if I have made new goals or aims.

Then I fill in also every month my personal EVS report that I need to fill in at the end of the project anyway.

Third document is about 8 key competences (for Youthpass). In dropbox we have a document with explanations of these key competences and also supporting questions I answer every month.

+ I also reflect to my EVS blog

Filling in these documents take usually the whole day.

Second Evaluation Day

I meet with my mentor and we discuss all the documents and I give also some additional comments. These talks end always usually with a surprising discovery for me. Sometimes it seems that she just knows exactly what questions to ask or to what direct my attention.

From the last time I could really understand how much we concentrate on the negative things that has happened I don´t mention people who support me or things I like and love. So trying to read what I have written as a stranger I could see how negative all might seem but it is actually really not.

I have a support system who helps me with overcome the obstacles. I have met people , who has helped me with small things but non the less - they have helped me.
And I love the activities I have to do and I love my program. But you cannot really read it from what I have written.

For example, I was a lot writing about my bicycle accident and the insurence etc ... and totally forgetting the fact that I actually GOT a bicycle and I was using it in a big city. Not so easy for a country girl but I really did it and getting back on the saddle this weekend. So I can be proud of myself.

And this is one thing I want to change - to try to talk in a more positive way ... quite hard for and Estonian I have to admit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment