Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wiki Jugendtreff Am Grünanger

On 22nd of May I visited a local Youth Center. A youth worker there, Marina, did her EVS in Estonia and we met by accident in the YouthPass meeting at Spektral.

There was a Beach Party just for girls. Youngsters did all the decorations, food and coctails by themselves. Event was from 12:00- 18:00.

I enjoyed it quite much as I have been always an active youth worker and now being last few monts mostly in the office has been a different experience for me. I like to work and do activities with young people.
I helped them do decorations and organised few games. Mostly I was just participating in their activities and tried to talk to them and get to know them and the youth center.

Sometimes I had some problems due to the language problem but Marina helped me to translate when possiblible. This was a very nice way to see how is  youth work with young girls done and just talk to them and do things together with local community.

Definetly hope to do more activities with them


No comments:

Post a Comment