Monday, April 23, 2012

The Balance of Mind and Body

One thing that we have also discussed a lot with my work and personal mentor is that my work is mostly behind the computer- doing research, writing proposals etc. This means I am sitting most of the day in a chair. So we found that it is also very important to still have a balance between Body and Mind. Philosophy in WoMentor is that both are important.

So we disided to take few steps to gain the balance. As most of the volunteers know - there is no funds for that. You do not get money for entering a sport- course so we have to be creative.

At the moment I am doing a Yoga course ( for free as the trainer says he cannot to it in English and so I can be a guest)
I am also doing a Greek Dance course where I was invited as my work- mentors friend ( this is also free for me)
And with my work and personal mentor we do time to time tennis and table tennis by using public places and borrowed equipment.

After now writing a proposal for Entreprenurship Education Call we also did a day in Austrian Welness Spa.
We had attended a Woman´s Day Party before from where we got 2 free entries for one day.

So the hospitaity of Austrian people and the encouragment of my mentors have helped me to make sure I do not forget my body while sharpening my mind!

And I really feel it is something that I look forward every week :)

Picture of me at table tennis!- my second time


No comments:

Post a Comment