Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Graz, Austria

So I will write some things about the city. I love the city quite much as it reminds me a lot of my hometown - Tartu. 

Graz is also the second biggest city in Austria (as is Tartu in Estonia)
It is considered to be a University City (as is Tartu in Estonia )
And it has a big river flowing straight to the city (as in Tartu ).

Population is about 250 000 people, approximately.
There is 6 main Universities with about 44 000 students. 

City itself is quite green and beautiful and has many bicycle - drivers and roads. 

Language is German and in conversations I understand about 40 % of the content. My working language is English. I am also taking a German course twice a week 1, 5 per time. And I like it a lot- it is not for beginners and teacher speaks mostly only in German ALL THE TIME, but then I just learn more and that is good as I am very motivated to learn the language. 

Besides my co-workers and flatmates I do not know anyone here and no-one of my own age and it is a little difficult to find someone. Today we are participating in a LOGO Event ( it is a local EVS coordinator organisation) and hopefully I can meet some volunteers and local people there. 

Free time : there is a lot of possibilities here and when I get to participate in them I will write about them but it has taken quite much energy just to settle in and first week I was mostly so tired than just needed some rest time a lot. But my host has already organized a possibility for me to participate in Greek dance course and a Yoga course and I love them both. 

Some pictures of the city:





No comments:

Post a Comment